-
January 1st, 2006, 05:06 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I've noticed a range of colors in the photo's of Addy. Is it the lighting? Or has she been released with diffeent shades before?
I was ust packaging up the Addy that I bought for dd (she'll get it later in the year) and was noticing how grey her skin looks and there is almost no color on her cheeks. I'm sure once she's out of the box and joins the gang we'll love her but right now I'm just comparing t the nice warm brown shades I've seen in the photo's
So are there different shades? Or is it lights ??
Thanks!
-
January 1st, 2006, 05:10 AM
#2
prasnlrd
Guest
No, you are right..take a look at my album comparing the five I have:
Addy Faces
[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
-
January 1st, 2006, 05:15 AM
#3
Inactive Member
well,hmmmmm, I want a universal color OR even better to be able to look at ALL of them and hand pick my fav! LOL neith will ever happen thought, will it?
Thanks for the album comparison... none of them looks like they have the same grey tone this one does but they all look different.
Funny how 1 doll can have so many looks. LOL
-
January 1st, 2006, 05:53 AM
#4
Inactive Member
All the dolls have different skin tones, it's not just Addy. I noticed it even on Marisol when I was picking mine out at AGPNY back in June. And even all of my dolls that I've bought in the last year (with the exception of Marisol) have differing skin tones, even though they're all Caucasian dolls.
-
January 1st, 2006, 01:20 PM
#5
Ashley1972
Guest
Prasnlrd, your dolls are gorgeous! I think Andrea Pauline's skin tone matches my Addy's. That's why I rewigged her instead of sending her to the doll hospital. I love the rosy complexion on the dolls. I was thinking that it would be terribly wasteful for me to buy another Addy because I want one with textured hair, but now I see that they all look different so it convinced me that it is perfectly acceptable! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Edited to add: Is there any way to be able to view your albums all the time? I only see them when you paste them on your sig and I would like to keep the Addy comparison for reference.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 01, 2006 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>
-
January 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Homemommie--I think that all of the dolls have different coloring. I do know that when I was looking for my Addy, some really looked great to me, and others I wasn't interested in. My friend came over yesterday and saw dd's Kit, and said, "Are they different colors? She looks different from my dd's Kit." I said, yes, my Kit was a little green. . . . I think I need to clean her up a little. They're going to have a Kit playdate soon. Maybe I'll take some pics.
AshleysMommy, I think that some people save the albums they like as a link in their favorites. You can also do a search on hostboard and put in the name of the album and the threads where it is linked will come up.
-
January 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM
#7
Ashley1972
Guest
Thanks, Jenndon. I didn't know I could save the albums on my favorites.
-
January 2nd, 2006, 12:30 AM
#8
Inactive Member
-
January 2nd, 2006, 04:48 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I have a first edition Addy that had some bad hair so I took her head off [img]eek.gif[/img] and sent the body to the doll hospital to get a new head so I could steal the wig. The new head was definatly a different color, the vinyl was even a different texture an my original Addy was much rosier. It was such a difference that the hospital changed her limbs to match the new face and I had to send her back to get the old ones put back on. I then had a doll hospital switch the wigs, so getting her new hair was spendy, but worth it...she is beautiful. I also wanted to say that I've seen the current Addy's and they even vary in skin tone, so if your not particularly happy with your I would send her back and have a PS pick one out for you. I've even seen some with softer eyelashes!! She is such a beautiful doll. Good luck
Shanna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks